Colorful easter ribbon by photo by Petr Kratochvil.
We usually get my daughter a few things at Easter in addition to candy that the bunny brings. She has her basket, and then we fill a small bucket or pail. Here are some suggestions for Easter gifts. I am not as good with boy ideas, so add some in the comments if you have better suggestions.
- Wal-Mart had special Easter Hot Wheels and inexpensive mazes, jacks and bubble sets.
- Target has lots of Easter gift sets from Barbie, Puppies in My Pocket, Littest Pet Shop etc.
- Kids love post-it notes, and I saw a big, decorative cube from Big Lots.
- Coloring and activity books from the dollar store are always fun. They have crossword puzzle’s and Sudoku for older kids.
- My older niece loves gift cards. I am thinking Target, iTunes, or a store like Claire’s would make her happy.
- We always love new magic markers or crayons.
- The egg-shaped sidewalk chalk or a new container of bubbles are perfect for spring.
- DVDs and video games fit easily in baskets, and can be targeted toward the age and sex of your child.
- A new book is always appreciated.
- Consider a toothbrush that plays music or even an electric toothbrush to help with all that candy.
- Small portable electronic games, travel-sized games, or card games should fit in a basket or bucket.
- Depending on how much you spend, Easter is the perfect time for that bike, scooter, pair of roller blades or roller skates, basketball, jump rope or other outside activity.